Technical Support Engineer
JOB REPORTING TO: Head of Technical Customer Delivery
LOCATION: NI / Hybrid
Our products solve problems for water companies and the industry in the real world. They are critical to the environment, economy, and daily life. We use data, analytics, machine learning, and AI to deliver insights to water networks and assets through SAAS and cloud-based services. Our team is expanding to improve our existing products, grow our customer base, and increase revenue.
Working with and as part of internal customer development and delivery teams, you will help enhance the success of our customer deployments and product utilisation. You’ll do this in both a proactive and reactive mode, where internally we work to enhance and address any potential problems and also to respond to customer queries or issues as they are raised.
This is a technical role but requires good teamwork and communication skills working across internal development and delivery teams, technical account management, and our customers. You will need to be able to articulate status in terms of delivery of support to customers, and also what is required from other teams to help you make your role successful. The work is mainly helping customers successfully utilise the StormHarvester product in helping them grow their supported network elements, make changes / updates / enhancements to existing configurations, and helping fix / address issues when they occur.
- Work with the Head of Technical Customer Delivery to define Support requirements and framework
- Understand the capabilities and services of the StormHarvester wastewater Smart product across multiple customers
- Learn about and appreciate the wastewater domain
- Create/identify Support SLAs
- Identify Support requirements relating to defined SLAs
- Understand the deployment, sites and sensors under management across our customers
- Become familiar with the operations and deployments of the wastewater product
- Plan and execute on Issue and Support priorities
- Contribute to processes for Event, Incident and Service processes
- Handle customer Events and Incidents as per the defined processes
- Design, build, source systems, tools and processes to meet Support needs
- Outline and define Support requirements for Delivery and Operations
- Be part on onboarding new customers
- Work with agile development processes and take ownership for aspects of Support requirements by putting appropriate methods and tools in place
- Troubleshoot configuration, environmental and software issues and help identify solutions to restore customer service
- Work with our support tools in helping triage and address issues raised
- Help own the support processes in making the more efficient and looking to optimise our approach.
- Advocate for additional tooling or processes with a view to optimisation and improvement.
- Automation of processes
- Degree level education in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 12 months experience in an Support role or a developer role involving significant Support considerations
- Experienced in at least one of the main cloud technologies – AWS, Azure, RedHat, GCP, IBM Cloud
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Experience of Support tools and Service Desks
- An understanding or experience of high availability, business continuity and disaster recovery solutions in the cloud
- Strong communication
- Can do, problem solving mindset.
- Curious and willing to onward develop and learn in ML/AI area.
- A recognised DevOps or SysOps certification from e.g. AWS
- Experience of AWS services and utilisation
- Experience in deploying serverless functions e.g. AWS Lambda
- Experience of Agile Scrum, Lean or Kanban using JIRA, or similar agile tracking tools