Accurate predictions on inflows and levels within sewer networks, pumping stations and wastewater treatment works.
Smart Flow Predictor is a module of Intelligent Sewer Suite that allows accurate predictions on upcoming flows or levels at the following locations;
- Individual points in a sewer network
- Pumping stations
- Wastewater treatment works
By leveraging hyperlocal accurately forecasted rainfall prediction systems, the flow and level predictions are accurately provided in both wet and dry weather conditions across the sewer network.
Accurate flow and level predictions provide opportunities for sewer assets and wastewater treatment works to become ‘smart’ by pre-empting rather than reacting to events.
Smart Flow Predictor gives wastewater treatment assets and operators the ability to ‘look several hours into the future’.
When assets and operators have the ability to see into the future, pre-emptive actions may be taken to optimise performance across the treatment process;
- Chemical dosing processes when future inflow volumes are predicted with high confidence
- Screens can be cleaned and prepared before peak flows arrive
- Separator performance can be optimised based on upcoming inflow rates
- Storm tanks can be made ready when the treatment works pass forward flows are predicted to be exceeded
- Aeration and blower activities can be optimised based on predicted incoming volumes.
- Sediment tanks can be prepared when shock loads are predicted