About the Role
Working as part of a start-up team, designing, developing, implementing, testing, maintaining, supporting and delivering product features, functionality and APIs for our customers.
This will involve working with and across multiple internal teams, and having direct exposure to our end customers. This will need a good appreciation of design principles and the knowledge to realise these in delivery.
- Capture, document, estimate and prioritise sets of features in an Agile team environment, then implement and test these as part of delivery.
- Working with a team and in delivery to test and validate any features, fixes or updates. Contribute to the delivery process and development environments.
- Build in as-needed custom features with a view to maximising reuse and productisation.
- Implementation and delivery of designs/fixes as part of a continuous delivery mechanism through to live deployments.
- Addressing bugs/changes and problem-solving issues as part of the wider team.
- Prepare and present potential delivery options, including estimating, costing and prioritising.
- As part of the team, plan for future developments, including contributions to team structures, roles and requirements with an awareness of all existing and future customers in mind.
- At least Second Class Honours Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or another related discipline.
- 2 – 4 years of experience and familiarity with development and delivery.
- Python development and tooling.
- Proven experience of development and delivery.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience of CI/CD tooling
- Willingness to engage and work with others as part of a team with shared direction.
- Likes to engage with others on team
- Ability to review and provide feedback as needed to the rest of the team on areas for improvements and updates.
- Can do, problem-solving mindset.
- Curious and willing to onward develop and learn.
- Familiarity and experience with agile development in delivery.
- Interest in/Awareness of frontend development frameworks.
- Experience in other programming languages, specifically C++, C# or Java.
- Experience in Automation/Testing frameworks.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Development.
- Experience in API integration/development.
- Experience in test/deployment automation.
- Experience in AWS services.
- Experience in cloud services and development.