JOB REPORTING TO: Delivery and Development Lead
LOCATION: NI / Hybrid
Our products solve problems for water companies and the industry in the real world. They are critical to the environment, economy, and daily life. We use data, analytics, machine learning, and AI to deliver insights to water networks and assets through SAAS and cloud-based services. Our team is expanding to improve our existing products, grow our customer base, and increase revenue.
About the role:
The Data Analytics and Machine Learning Engineer role will be within the R&D and Professional Services team. This role has a strong focus on bespoke client projects, aiming to understand behaviour in the water network and designing and integrating new data-driven strategies into existing products, to help add insight for our customers. The role will involve exploratory data analysis, visualisation, the conceptualisation of solutions, presenting solutions to clients, and integration into the product.
You’ll work within a small team but have ownership over individual projects, while also working within the larger development team to test and validate any features, fixes or updates. You’ll have opportunities to explore different strategies in order to identify the best approach.
This is a pragmatic and delivery-focused role in the use of data, analytics, and ML to deliver predictive and interesting outcomes for StormHarvester customers as part of our product. This will involve working with customer data, understanding and appreciating the underlying domain, carrying out analysis, and integrating or developing new techniques for implementation and delivery as part of our product offerings. This includes feature engineering, applying varying models, testing, and validation, and best practices for use for customers.
- Working with a team and in delivery to test and validate any features, fixes or updates.
- Contribute to delivery process and development environments, including research and identifying areas of interest for further investigation.
- Estimation and costing of features.
- Build required product and custom features while seeking to maximise reuse and productisation of features.
- Implementation, test and delivery of designs/fixes as part of a continuous delivery mechanism through to live deployments.
- Addressing bugs/changes, problem solving and support issues as part of wider team.
- Preparing and presenting potential delivery options including estimating, costing and prioritising.
- Customer training on Front-End and StormHarvester product as needed.
- Engaging with customers in identifying data and in explaining model benefits.
- As part of a team, look to planning for future developments including contributions to team structures, roles and requirements with an awareness of all existing and future customers in mind.
To do the role effectively, you will need to become familiar with:
- The sewer network, the components, and processes involved
- Individual nodes and geographical connectivity
- Understanding varying behaviours at individual nodes and in the network
- The StormHarvester Product
- StormHarvester tools for understanding and predicting behaviours
- StormHarvester customers and SLAs
- Account Management with StormHarvester responsibilities and commitments
- StormHarvester customer interfaces
- Alerting and alarming for sites and customers
- Predictive models and parameters
- At least Second Class Honours Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or other related discipline.
- 2 – 5 years of experience and familiarity with development and delivery including and involving data analytics, machine learning models and AI principles and application in implementation and practical delivery.
- Experienced in Python development and tooling including Pandas, Scikit-learn or equivalent.
- Prior experience in Machine learning/AI
- A theoretical and practical foundation of core analytics and machine learning principles and experience working with large scale data.
- Experience of Product Development and delivery.
- Experience in Python programming
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills
- Willingness to engage and work with others as part of team with shared direction.
- Strong work ethic with an understanding that this is a Start-up with lots of opportunities to make improvements.
- Passionate about work, output and quality.
- Ability to review and provide feedback as needed to rest of team on areas for improvements and updates.
- Can do, problem solving mindset.
- Curious and willing to onward develop and learn in ML/AI area.
- Familiarity and experience with agile development in delivery
- Experience in Automation/Testing frameworks
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Development and Tooling
- Experience of API integration/development
- Experience of test/deployment automation
- Experience of AWS services