About the Role
The world’s wastewater utilities are undergoing a digital transformation and beginning to deploy large amounts of sensors to provide more data insights about their sewer networks, pumping stations, and wastewater treatment works. The sensor information provided is now being used to reduce pollution events and help optimise existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies.
Over the last five years, StormHarvester has built a unique machine learning platform and process which is at the heart of everything we do. Once the StormHarvester business development team has secured commercial contracts, the next step is to onboard the client’s sensor network for sewers, pumping stations, etc.
The machine learning engine platform back-end, or StormHarvester Toolset, takes data from both the client’s sensor networks plus data feeds from hyperlocal rainfall forecast systems to make accurate predictions about key aspects of their network assets. Such predictions are proving to be invaluable to water utilities, local authorities etc. in helping them identify issues such as early forming blockages, potential flood events, ingress and infiltration points and potential pump failures.
With the above in mind, the company is looking to recruit an individual to manage this client sensor network onboarding process and to use the overall StormHarvester AI Toolset data to help the water utility to manage its network assets.
Machine learning expertise is not required for this role, but excellent account management skills are a must. Above all, we are looking for someone interested in learning about the water industry and what technology can do to digitise the sector.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Client Management
- Client sensor network onboarding
- Improvement of machine learning parameters for identified wastewater network assets using the StormHarvester Toolset
- Management of client alerting process
- Client Reporting
- Internal Reporting
- Ticket management
- Management of StormHarvester SLAs
- Input into StormHarvester Toolset innovation
This position requires critical thinking, data analysis, a solution-oriented approach, and the development of an understanding of what a ‘good fit’ for data looks like for wastewater sewer assets.
- This position requires critical thinking, data analysis, a solution-oriented approach, and the development of an understanding of what a ‘good fit’ for data looks like for wastewater sewer assets.
Required Skill Set:
- Operations experience in a technical environment
- Demonstrable analytical capabilities
- Ability to interpret graphs with respect to actual versus desired behaviours
- Good communicator, verbal and written
- Familiarity with Microsoft: Excel, Powerpoint, Teams and Word
- Analytical skillset
- Able to interpret graphs with respect to actual versus desired behaviours
- Solution oriented
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Degree or 3+ years of equivalent experience
- Water industry or water utility domain experience
- Experience in data analysis
- Use of business analytical tools
- Able to create macros/make use of data analysis tooling
- Experience of customer engagement
- Experience of working in technical teams
- Project management experience
Location: Northern Ireland