Graduate Software Development & Delivery Engineer
REPORTING TO: Head of Delivery
LOCATION: Belfast/Hybrid/Workable Remote
About the Role
Working as part of a start-up team, involved in implementation, testing, maintenance, support and delivering backend features, functionality and APIs for our Waste Water product. You will become familiar with our product, technologies, and processes for delivery.
- Learn about our product and how it is used.
- Working with a team and in delivery to test and validate any features, fixes or updates. Contribute to delivery process and development environments.
- Build in as-needed custom features while seeking to maximise reuse and productisation of features.
- Implementation and delivery of designs/fixes as part of a continuous delivery process through to live deployments.
- Addressing bugs/changes and problem-solving issues as part of the wider team.
- As part of the team, help plan for future developments, including contributions to team structures, roles and requirements with an awareness of all existing and future customers in mind.
- At least Second Class Honours Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering or another related discipline (or demonstrable equivalent level of ‘qualification’).
- Demonstrable development and tooling awareness.
- Awareness and appreciation of CI/CD tooling.
- Willingness to engage and work with others as part of a team with shared direction.
- Strong work ethic with an understanding that this is a Start-up with lots of opportunities to add improvements.
- Can do, problem-solving mindset.
- Curious and willing to onward develop and learn.
- Familiarity/awareness of agile development in delivery.
- Good level of Python development.
- Awareness of Automation/Testing frameworks.
- Awareness of Continuous Integration/Development.
- Awareness of test/deployment automation.
- Usage of AWS services.
- Awareness/appreciation for various delivery mechanisms.